What do you give mom for Mother’s Day? Time together this weekend!
Join the 65th Annual Mother’s Day Home and Garden Tour – two days of in-person home visits, virtual tours and walking tours. You still have time to secure your pre-sale tickets!
The annual Capitol Hill Restoration Society (CHRS) House & Garden Tour is one of the highlights of the Capitol Hill calendar. After two years of pure outdoor and virtual tours it comes back with great success!
This event will be a hybrid event with in-person locations as well as virtual and walking tours. Your ticket purchase can be used on both days of the event.
Note that the new owners of the Churchill Condo who appeared on WETA “If You Lived Here” are opening their home for the tour!
Start at Hill Center (921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE) will call to receive your weekend wristband – you need this to visit one of the house tours or take part in the walking tours. Don’t forget your vaccination card and passport!
Will-Call open from 2:30pm – 7:00pm on Saturday and 12:30pm – 5:00pm on Sunday. Enter the Hill Center through the E Street SE entrance.
Then celebrate with us!
Main tour times: Saturday, May 7th from 4pm to 7pm and Sunday, May 8th from 1pm to 5pm
- 921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE – Hill Center (Will-Call, regionally judged art exhibit, rest stops, snack “go-bags”, guided tours at 3pm both days)
- 224 Eighth St. SE (virtual and in person)
- 620 G St. SE – Christ Church (guided tours, rest stops)
- 528 Sixth St. SE (virtual only)
- 504 Sixth St. SE (virtual and in person)
- 725 Fifth St. SE #21 – Lenox Condos (Virtual and In Person)
- 514 Fourth St. SE #201 – Churchill Condos (Virtual and In Person)
- 514 Fourth St. SE #301 – Churchill Condos (Virtual and In Person)
- 313 Second St. SE – St. Peter’s Catholic Church (guided tours, rest stops, Sundays only 1 – 4:15 p.m.)
- 313 Second St. SE – Vicarage St. Peter (in person, Sundays only 1pm – 4:30pm)
- Self-Guided Walking Tour of the Surroundings of St. Peter (313 Second St. SE)
There is also a docent run Tour of the history of the alley north of East Capitol St. and west of Seventh St. NE. It is offered Saturday, starting at 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.; Sunday at 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. and begins in Triangle Park, bounded by the 600 blocks of Massachusetts and Constitution Avenues NE.
there is more! Additional fun is shared here: CHRS – Mother’s Day Events Weekend
Pre-reservations are now open until May 5 at 2:30 p.m. Do you need to buy a ticket tag? – Enter the Hill Center from the 900 block of E Street SE. Tickets are $40, payable in cash, check the PayPal app.
If you are unable to attend this event, follow CHRS on Instagram and online: Capitol Hill Restoration Society for details on the organization and other community events. Get tickets, info and facts about Eventbrite.